Water Damage Restoration in Ashburn, VA, Leesburg, VA, Reston, VA, Sterling, VA, Bethesda, MD, Gaithersburg, MD, and Rockville, MD
Water Damage Restoration by PROCLEAN
Leaky faucets, damaged roofs, busted pipes, floods, or faulty appliances: there are many causes of water damage and they all have one thing in common: they all have the potential to cause extensive damage to property. When immediately addressed, cleanup can be a fairly simple task. However, when that’s not the case, excess water in a home can result in costly damage to your home’s structure as well as your personal belongings.GET QUOTE
Making Your Home Dry Again
Water damage is often undiscovered until the destruction it causes becomes evident. Water can collect behind walls or under flooring where it can destroy materials and even weaken structures.
Excess moisture that is left untreated in a home often leads to mold growth which presents a whole other set of hazards to health and home. That’s one of the many reasons it is vitally important to act fast. Proclean technicians respond quickly on calls concerning water damage restoration, bringing advanced techniques and state-of-the-art equipment to provide professional and effective remediation.
Important steps to avoid damage
While there are steps you can take to mitigate the damage, water damage restoration requires professional attention to prevent further damage. There are steps you can and should take if you find yourself in the middle of a loss due to excess water:
- Call for professional help. Proclean has the equipment necessary to begin immediate remediation.
- Mop and blot to remove as much of the water as possible.
- Remove any wet area rugs and/or any flooring that’s not permanently attached.
- Avoid pulling up wall-to-wall carpeting without professional assistance.
- Pull up draperies from the floor to avoid further damage.
- Remove any wet cushions from chairs. Place plastic bags or aluminum foil under furniture legs to prevent water damage.
- Move personal belongings to a safe and dry location.
- Open drawers and other closed areas to promote air circulation for quicker drying.
Things you should NOT do:
- Never enter a room with standing water until electricity has been turned off.
- Don’t use your house vacuum to remove water. This can result in electrical shock to you and damage to your vacuum.
- Never use any electrical appliances on wet flooring or carpeting.
- Don’t touch or disturb any visible mold.
- Don’t remove books from shelves.
The PROCLEAN Process
Our professional technicians employ a comprehensive 4-step process, ensuring your carpeting is restored and your home is safe.
Remove the water
Proclean may need to use a wet/dry vacuum to clean up excess water.
Use a dehumidifier
Proclean recommends removing excess moisture and reducing humidity levels with a dehumidifier. This will limit the growth of mold and mildew.
A process with industrial fans. Air circulation will assist the drying process, reducing the amount of time needed to dry out your carpets.
Treat carpet and flooring
All carpets should be deep cleaned to sanitize and deodorize. Carpet padding typically needs to be replaced.
Sanitizing Agents, Germicides, & Anti-Microbial Treatment
- Our technicians can apply deodorization products that control odors caused by excessive moisture.
- We can apply disinfectant products to prevent the growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other harmful microorganisms.
Proclean, an air duct and carpet cleaning services company, is a local family owned business. In business for over 35 years, we are one of the most experienced professional air duct cleaning and carpet cleaning companies in the Washington Metropolitan area, specializing in both residential and commercial properties.
416 E Diamond Ave, Gaithersburg, MD 20877
44675 Cape Court, Suite 150-D, Ashburn, VA 20147