mold removal at home

Recognizing Mold in Your Home

Mold can be found anywhere, but the last thing that you would probably want is to find it inside your own home. Mold can expose you to a lot of health issues. With its potential health risk, mold needs to be removed immediately. However, the problem with mold is that they tend to grow anywhere and almost all types of materials, even in places that are beyond your reach or the naked eye.

Fortunately, mold growth, no matter where they appear and how small they may be, can be recognized easily. Homeowners have somehow found a way to recognize it through the following signs.

Your chimney smells weird
Moisture from rain and snow can accumulate in the porous bricks of the chimney, allowing mold to grow. Chimney sweeps will not only remove dangerous creosote buildup but they can also clear out mold. If you smell something musty or earthy when the wind blows in your direction, mold build-up is likely possible on your chimney.

You get allergies
If you have allergies, it will be triggered for no apparent reason. People can have allergic reactions to mold – and they start to show allergic reactions such as watery eyes and tingling of the skin. Asthma will be triggered too when there is mold growing in your home.

Bubbling paint
Do you notice how your paint is bubbling? Chances are, there is moisture in it and when there is moisture, there is a higher chance of having mold too. Mildew, a type of mold that is commonly found at home, is black. It will be easier to spot mildew on your walls and other light-colored materials.

Mold Removal
Mold can be toxic to your home and your health. Once you have recognized that your home has mold, there are some steps on how to take it away. They can be removed using household products such as:

Chlorine bleach
This can be harsh and before you use it, you should dilute it first.

– strong>Hydrogen peroxide
Three to ten percent solution should be enough to kill molds. Less harsh than chlorine but doesn’t have toxic fumes at all.

Distilled white vinegar
Vinegar is non-toxic and yet very acidic – acidic enough to kill mold, but the use of household cleaners might be necessary to completely remove mold stains.

Baking soda
With high pH, it can prevent mold growth and is nontoxic too plus it mixes well with water making it easier to use.
Use any of these products and spray directly on the mold you find at home. It will completely remove the mold. You might want to leave a bit of these products in the affected areas of your home to prevent future mold growth.

However, if mold growth has multiplied because you caught it too late, hire mold removal professionals. Let the professionals remove the mold before it can wreak havoc on both your home and your health. Make your home look and smell nice by removing mold growth before it becomes a serious problem.

WHY CLEAN AIR DUCTS

Read about the top benefits of HVAC cleaning.

CONTACT US
Air
SANITATION OF DUCTS

100% safe, NON-Toxic & Odorless.

CONTACT US
SANITATION

CONSIDERING OUR SERVICES?

Call Us Today for a FREE Estimate!

MD (301) 447-0447
MD (410) 705-0705
VA (703) 646-8166

Send us a message

we will get back to you shortly...

MD Offices:

416 E Diamond Ave. Gaithersburg MD 20877 Gambrills MD Office

VA Offices:

44675 Cape Court Suite 150-D Ashburn, VA 20147

PHONE

Maryland: (301) 447-0447 | (410) 705-0705

Virginia: (703) 646-8166

BUSINESS HOURS

Monday - Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM |

Saturday: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM | Sunday: Closed